Thursday, January 19, 2006

Too many fights....

Wow, is all I can say after last night's first game of the evening. It was a very hard fought game between two teams I would have never thought were an even match. We were about 3 minutes into the first period when a scrum started in front of one of the goalkeepers.

Punches were thrown and since I was one of the linesmen I got the pleasure of going in to break it up. It wasn't too tough going in and locking them up but I remember the one that I had to take being a little taller than me and being really fired up. Once I had him pulled away I had to remind him not to start punching on me or resisting or he would get the skate of shame. I hate that.

Interestingly enough, the guy that started the first scrum got the skate of shame later in the game. He ended up with a few too many double minors and got the gate for 5 penalties in one game. Serves him right he was the trouble maker the entire game.

I only had three games left to do afterwards. I felt bad that after the high school games I had an adult game that I would care nothing about due to physical fatigue. Once your out of it physically the mind goes shortly after. For me it's almost immediately; I'll have to work on that.

No comments: