Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Hey Ref, You Suck!

I am amazed by the hockey coaches that think they are the almighty when it comes to the game. I am definitely not saying that I am, but that I know my place. I have witnessed coaches being disrespectful twice this weekend. One was the coach of 10 year olds and one was the coach of 15 - 18 year olds. Noting that both of these groups of kids are impressionable minds.

These are the same guys who will challenge my knowledge of the game; yet don't know all the rules themselves.

There was another incident but that coach waited until after the game and after everyone had left the ice to berate us. I can handle that. At that point it's just a coach and some officials having the usual disagreement that you expect those two groups to have.


No comments: