Friday, December 17, 2004

Hey Ref, You Still Suck!

So I ended up scheduled for the championship game for the adult league on Tuesday night. The original schedule said that game would be played on Thursday. I had talked to the league admin about the games moving and he said that the officials didn't have to change unless I wanted them too. I really didn't see a problem with the two people that I was selected to work these games with so I told him not to worry about it. ...I should have worried about it.

I end up at game time with no partner in the largest game for the adult league season. It took about a period to get adjusted to what was happening and where I should be. The team I hoped would win did, but I can't say that everyone played their hardest due to the fact they knew I couldn't keep up at both ends of the ice. I can honestly say that the game was hard fought and the winning goalie made some crucial saves that could have changed the course of the game. If he hadn't made those particular stops the team with the most talent would have won.

The most important thing about this game: David Sorrell finally got his name on the adult league trophy. David is a good guy and a hard working hockey player; he deserves his name on the cup finally.

No comments: